The building envelope separates the inside from the outside. A well insulated, air tight building is much quieter and comfortable to live and play in. As an added bonus, heating bills are also much lower.
Insulating Concrete Form (ICF) Foundations
ICF foundations are superior to conventional methods. A stay in place expanded polystyrene concrete forming system that delivers high energy performance. With integrated air/vapour barrier and finish attachment provisions, additional framing and plastic vapour barriers are unneeded. Dimpled damp-proofing membrane is used underground to ensure basement dryness.
Advanced Wall Systems
BASF HP+ Wall System
- Developed by BASF, the HP+ Wall is engineered for strength, durability, and efficiency.
- A combination of Neopor exterior rigid insulation, Wall-Tite spray foam, and batt insulation to provide maximum insulation levels.
- Rigid insulation is fully sealed with Masterseal NP1 caulking and flexible air barrier tapes and is placed on exterior to prevent thermal bridging through wall studs.
- Spray foam insulation is installed on the interior face of Neopor, adding thermal performance, air tightness, structural rigidity, and vapour permeance protection.
- Effective R-values can range between R-25 to R-50 depending on Neopor thickness and type of cavity insulation.
- Two walls separated to eliminate thermal bridging and provide a deep cavity for high-insulation levels.
- Exterior wall used for structural load-bearing, separated from interior for total thickness of 12”-16”.
- Cellulose insulation compacted into space to deliver effective R-values from R-42 to R-56.
- High-quality frames with certified sealing systems.
- Triple glazing with low-e films, argon gas, and insulating spacers.
- Low-emissivity films optimized for solar gain/shielding depending on location and performance requirements.
- Before concrete is poured for the basement floor, a layer of insulation is laid over the ground and foundation footings, fully isolating the interior environment from heat-stripping ground beneath.
- Installing significant attic insulation and spray foam in appropriate spaces greatly reduces heat loss in the winter and heat gain in the summer. Good ventilation is also an important detail to reduce attic heat buildup in summer months and ensure a condensation-free winter environment.
See what we've built
Contemporary, 2 Storey
Contemporary, 2 Storey
Littlehorn Garden Suite